• When the school provides bus transportation to and from a school-sponsored activity, students are required to travel to and from the activity on the school-provided bus unless otherwise stated.
• When bus transportation is not provided, the school will arrange transportation through the use of other school and/or private vehicles.
• Private vehicles will be driven by adult volunteers/employees of the school who have the following:
• A valid California driver’s license.
• A $300,000 combined single limit automobile insurance coverage.
• A verification of coverage and insurance acknowledgement form on file with the school.
• Students may travel with their parents or by themselves to and from activities, under special circumstances, with written permission from their parents and approval of the Principal or Athletic Director (for athletic events). (Example: Softball game in Fairfield; if approved a player who lives in Fairfield may drive to game from Justin-Siena and then go home after the game without having to come back to Napa.) In such cases, siblings may ride with their brothers or sisters.
• Students may not travel to and from out-of-town activities with other student drivers.
• Under special circumstances, students may drive other students to and from activities that occur within an eight-mile radius of Justin-Siena. (Example: Work associated with Religious Studies Practicum, Campus Ministry, yearbook, journalism, peer helping, student activities or games at Napa or Vintage High Schools.) Such drivers must have or meet the following:
o A valid California Driver’s license.
o Meet all criteria required by the State of California to transport other minors
o A $300,000 combined single limit automobile insurance coverage.
o A verification of coverage and insurance.
• Written permission on file from the parent of the driver and the passengers stating that they are aware that at times other students may be driving their child or that their child is driving other students and that they approve of this practice.
• Under special circumstances, parent drivers, who meet the above qualifications for private vehicles may transport students who are not their children home from a school activity if the activity director or coach has written permission from the student’s parents and the school has on file the information verifying insurance coverage and driver’s license. (Example: Basketball games in San Rafael. JV game concludes. A qualified parent driver could take a JV player home that does not wish to stay for the Varsity game.)
• The full Transportation Safety Plan may be found on the school website (under Student Life>Bus Schedule) at www.justin-siena.org.
* Tim Garcia is Director of Transportation. For more information: email@example.com